NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
The Board of the Ballyfermot/Chapelizod Partnership invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the following Post:
Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP) Community Development Coordinator (35 hours per week)
Our Mission: The Ballyfermot/Chapelizod Partnership Company Limited aims to collectively work to increase the economic base and resources of the community, and to develop and sustain the education, work and life opportunities of all the people of the area.
Purpose of the Job: The Community Development Coordinator will be responsible for the delivery of a set of actions outlined in the Social Inclusion and Community Activation Programme (SICAP). Goal 1 The Community Development Worker will work within the Community Development Team and will report to the Partnership CEO and will oversee tasks, programmes and staff as directed.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To deliver on a range of community development focused initiatives outlined in our SICAP programme in collaboration with community stakeholders including:
- Area Based Planning and Reviews.
- Capacity Building and Technical Support to existing groups and networks.
- Active Citizenship and Community Participation working with a variety of community, voluntary and statutory agencies.
- Providing capacity building and technical support to local groups and SICAP programme target groups in the area, people with disability, senior citizens, travellers, lone parents.
- Developing new initiatives as the need arises and consolidating existing work.
- Coordination of existing groups and networks; planning and delivery of relevant training; co-ordination of other events and initiatives; supporting networks to engage in relevant local structures; and coordination of integrated responses to identified anti-poverty issues and policy initiatives.
- To work within the Community Development Team on a number of new and existing initiatives.
- To work collaboratively on joint initiatives across all Partnership programmes promoting community development principles and practice.
- To prepare timely reports for presentation to the Partnership CEO.
- To support Community Representatives on the Partnership Board.
- To carry out duties as maybe assigned from time to time.
Specific Role and Responsibilities with the following
- Support to the Cherry Orchard Community Forum and associated initiatives.
- Support the development of an area based action plan for Cherry Orchard.
- Support capacity building and development of the Cherry Orchard Community Garden.
- Support to the Dublin 10 Be Well Community Response to Mental Health Forum with in the Team and other relevant networks and groups associated with mental health.
- Develop a new Capacity Building training programme with the Senior Citizens Forum.
- Coordination of the Access Disability Group and the new arts programme being currently developed.
- Engagement and implementation of the LECD Plan in collaboration with the Local Authority.
- Keeping project files including on line reporting tools up to date to effectively manage a computerised client caseload system (IRIS) to ensure that the appropriate tracking mechanisms are in place.
- Developing and implementing evaluation systems to assess the impact of the programme.
- The principal duties and responsibilities as outlined above indicate the main functions and responsibilities of the post and are subject to review and amendment in light of changing circumstances and may include other duties and responsibilities as may be determined from time to time by the designated line manager.
- The Officer will have a number of years’ experience in the community development area or in a related field (three years minimum).
- Excellent standard of education including a relevant third level qualification (e.g. community development or related field).
- Clear understanding of Community Development Principles.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, relationship building, organisational, report writing, ICT, and time management skills.
- Capacity to effectively interact and take a leadership role with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Capacity to work well within a team, ability to adopt a flexible and responsive approach to working in a community context.
Terms of the Appointment
- This is a fixed term contract from January up until the 31st of December 2017.
- The salary will be €36,500 depending on qualifications and experience (may be amended subject to funding).
- Hours 35 per week, over five days Monday-Friday with some level of work flexibility expected.
- Please send two fully completed applications forms including detailed cover letter by hard copy only, marked Confidential for the attention of the Office Manager Ballyfermot/Chapelizod Partnership.
- Only fully completed application forms will be accepted.
- Closing date for fully completed applications by hard copy will be the 13th of January 2017 @ 4pm
- No email applications will be accepted.
- No late applications will be accepted.
- Canvassing will lead to disqualification.
- Ballyfermot/Chapelizod Partnership Co. Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Garda Vetting will apply
- Interviews maybe held in our offices at 4 Drumfinn Park, Ballyfermot, Dublin 10, on the week ending 20th January 2017
- Please include your most recent up to date CV.