FOSTERING SOCIAL WORKER
Department: Fostering Service
Contract / Hours: Full time / 37.5 Hours per week
Salary: €40,000 - €45,000
- Flexible Working
- Training /further education opportunities
Location: Field based (offices in Naas)
Responsible to: Principal Social Worker
Responsible for: To assist the Head of Fostering in meeting organizational recruitment targets. To ensure quality of placements provided by foster carers, by providing support, supervision and training as appropriate. To work alongside referring social workers to identify and support foster carers to provide family based care to children and young people referred. To ensure that diversity and equality underpin all aspects of the Fostering Service. To assume daily operational responsibility for the fostering service, with guidance and support from the Head of Fostering.
- To provide regular support and supervision to carers, in line with agency procedures.
- To participate in the recruitment of potential carers and identify training needs of foster families and deliver training as required.
- To quality assure assessment reports, by undertaking 2nd opinion assessments of potential foster carers.
- To take part in recruitment events, activities and open days/evenings to promote the work of the agency and to recruit potential carers.
- To attend the Fostering Panel / HSE Foster Care Committees when required.
- To ensure that each carer accepts, understands and operates within all policy and guidance agreed by Care Visions.
- To work with colleagues within the service to review, and understand the needs of placing local authorities and to inform colleagues of the potential availability of new carers.
- To work in partnership in a team parenting approach to help identify any needs within the foster family and with all members of the child’s network, including contribution to all relevant meetings and any other tasks defined.
- To take responsibility for own professional development – supervision, appraisal and training.
- To contribute and lead carer support group meetings on a regular basis and be part of agency planning re. development of agency’s service.
- To participate in the out of hours system.
- To comply with equal opportunities policy and procedure in all employment practices.
- To be familiar with and work in accordance with Carevisions’ policies and procedures.
- To work in line with CORU’S Code of Practice.
- To undertake any other duties identified by the line manager.
Closing date: 18/06/2017
Send CV's to email@example.com
Note: This description is not intended to establish a total definition of the job, but an outline of the duties. Employees are required to be flexible to carry out duties as reasonably required.