Fixed-Term Contract (1 Year)
Candle Community Trust, established in 1978, is a registered charity providing educational and developmental opportunities for “at risk” youth in Ballyfermot, Dublin 10. Working in collaboration with the Probation Service, CDETB & CDYSB, Candle is committed to creating and delivering a comprehensive, best practice service to meet the needs of young people who experience disadvantage and marginalization.
Candle Community Trust now invites applications for the position of Project Worker. The successful applicant will be responsible to Management for the delivery of quality frontline services to young people.
- A third level qualification in social work, social care, youth/community work, education or a related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years experience of working with vulnerable and at risk young people
- Skills, experience and values requisite for working with challenging young people
- An understanding of offending behaviour and related issues
- Experience of delivering creative and innovative programmes in formal and informal educational and developmental contexts
- Experience of planning, implementing and reviewing programmes
- Ability to liaise effectively with appropriate agencies
The contract for this position is for 1 Year initially with the possibility of a longer contract subject to funding.
The salary scale for this post is €29, 764 - €45, 596.
Garda Vetting applies to this position.
Person Specification and Job Description attached.
Applications in the form of Curriculum Vitae (2 pages max) and cover letter.
By email to: email@example.com
The closing date for application is Friday 12th May 2017.
Interviews will be held on week commencing May 22nd 2017.
Candle Community Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer