Temporary Childcare Practitioner
HoneyBears Community Childcare, Quarryvale, Dublin 22.
For immediate start. Employment is subject to Garda clearance. References will be taken. For more information and to apply please contact the manager on email@example.com or 01-626 9151.
To work as a member of a small team in the provision of quality childcare services for 2-4 year-olds.
The person will be responsible to the Centre Manager and the Centre’s Management Committee.
Hours: 27.5/week; Monday to Friday 8.30 a.m.-2.30 p.m.
- To be responsible for the health, safety and well-being of the children in their care.
- To provide a safe, secure and homely environment for the children.
- In co-operation with colleagues, to design, implement, monitor and document a stimulating programme which will enhance the children’s natural growth and development, and to highlight and report any concerns to the manager.
- To assist with the design of procedures to ensure that good standards of practice and hygiene are followed, and that all activities and equipment are suitable and safe.
- To bring to the attention of the manager any possible hazards and/or risks within the crèche.
- To assist in maintaining up-to-date administrative systems and records.
- To have good knowledge of fire & safety and first aid procedures within the crèche.
- To attend and participate in any meetings and training as required.
- To promote the crèche and the centre by presenting a good professional image to parents and visitors.
- Any other appropriate duties as assigned by the manager.
- Proven record of relating to and communicating well with children and a genuine interest in working with and caring for the well-being of children.
- Good communication skills and good team worker.
Qualifications and experience
Completed Childcare FETAC Level 6 or equivalent is required. Minimum two years relevant experience is desirable.