Ireland’s leading children’s charity is recruiting:
Project Worker (Lorien Project)
Tallaght, Dublin 24.
Part Time (25hrs) and Permanent contract.
Salary:€20,863 - €32,233
What does the Barnardos Lorien Project do?
The Lorien Project was established in 1997 and expanded in 2002 as a service to address the needs of children in the Tallaght area whose lives are affected by drug misuse. Typically these are the children of drug using parents.
The project is based in MacUlliam Crescent in West Tallaght and outreaches to the entire Tallaght area, working with families in their own homes and working closely with a number of community addiction services.
- A minimum of 2 years post qualification experience of working with vulnerable children and families.
- Experience of working in partnership with families and carers.
- Experience of planning, implementing and reviewing programmes with children and/or families.
- Knowledge of Partnership with Parents, Friendship Group, Incredible Years and Strengthening Families is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of working with addiction is desirable.
- A recognised third level practice qualification (minimum Level 7 on the NFQ) in one of the following:
Early Childhood Care and Education Social Care
Or related discipline (Nursing, Psychology, Early Years Education).
 Course content should include relevant student placements
**Please note that Post Qualifying experience is experience gained in paid employment after candidates have qualified with the relevant third level practice qualification.
For full job description and the Barnardos application form check out www.barnardos.ie/jobs.
Closing date; 12noon Friday 31st March 2017.