NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
YAP Ireland Vacancies: Youth Advocates – Fixed Purpose Contracts
YAP Ireland changes the lives of young people and families and we welcome new advocates to join us in this great work:
We are looking to create a panel of male and female Advocates across the following areas.
Dublin North including Coolock, Darndale, Swords, Rush, Balbriggan, Donabate, Malahide, Clonshaugh, Donaghmede- Ref Code: DNE0117
Successful applicants will form a panel for consideration throughout 2017 & 2018
About us: YAP Ireland is a ‘not for profit’ organisation that provides a needs led, family support service which uses a strengths-based approach to improve the lives of young people and their families in their community. This model of needs-led work means that hours can vary depending on the needs of the young person and family throughout the life of the contract. It also means that location of need may vary so there is no guarantee that all candidates will be offered a contract.
See http://www.yapireland.ie/get-involved/work-with-us/ for more information
About you: - Are you
- Available for up to 15 hours per week (€14.42 per hour & paid holidays)?
- Someone with a positive attitude and never give up approach?
- Someone with 3-months experience / or life experience of working with children and/or young people?
- A good communicator and computer literate?
- Enthusiastic / creative?
- Interested in your community and want to make a difference?
- Interested in working with young people and families to help them achieve their potential?
- Do you have a full driving licence?
Interested? For further information and to apply log on to http://www.yapireland.ie/get-involved/work-with-us/ Closing date for receipt of applications is: 12th of January 2017. Only completed application forms will be accepted, CVs will NOT be accepted.
If sufficient applications are received before the closing date, these vacancies may close early.
N.B. If you are short-listed you will need to be available for group interview on the 24th, 25th or 27th of January and for interview between the 14th and 16th of February 2017. There is also a 6-day training programme that will commence in early March.