Submitting an advert to the website:
You can submit your information by emailing the text to the web editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Attach your advert to your email as an ODF or Word document.
2. You will receive a response within 1 - 2 working days
3. Your advert will be processed and you will receive an email with a link to the live advert
4. You will then be asked if an invoice can be sent on.
5. Please specify the rate at which you should be charged at - further details below.
Payment details are at the bottom of this page* (what, isn't Activelink free?)
When submitting information by email please make sure that you include all the relevant text:
- Backgound information about your organisation and advert overview
- Contact details (please include telephone number and email address)
- Dates and Venue of events, training courses, seminar and information on how to book
- Job specification, and relevant details;
- Closing date for receiving job applications and tenders + contact details
- Any other information you feel is important.
You can send the information as an attached file (ODF or Word) or copy the text from your document into the email's body.
Once we've published the text on the website (usually 24-48 hours from receiving your email), we'll send you an email with a link to the page so you can check that the information is correct.
The advert will expire on the deadline or stay live for a maximum of 2 months on the website. Each advert automatically circulates in 2 weekly bulletins; there is an additional charge for extended bulletin runs.
We cannot publish Garda Vetting Forms on this site, you should only supply these to people directly, on request.
We will not carry any material that promotes hate, intolerance, inequality, violence, criminality, or seeks to proselytise.
Submitting an advert for the bulletin:
If you want the details of your advert to be included in the weekly email bulletins (delivered at weekends) the closing date for submission is Thursday at 1pm. There are 2 bulletins:
Community Exchange - Events, Fundraising, Services, Requests, Grants and Training
Activelink - Jobs, Volunteering and Tenders
The bulletin provides a teaser introduction to the advert with a link that directs readers to the full advert on the Activelink website. Each posting on the bulletin circulates for 2 weeks. We have to maintain the bulletin at a reasonable size and we strive to provide all our users visibility in the bulletin. Please note that we prioritise our contributors in the bulletin as a thanks for supporting the service.
NOTE: Activelink relies on the financial support of individuals and organisations to cover ongoing costs for managing the Activelink website and the email bulletins - your support is vital for the ongoing maintenance and development of the services. We presently employ two people full time and spend over 4,000 hours working on Activelink each year, along with other costs such as office space, electricity, phone bills, hosting costs, technical costs, and so on. Activelink's only source of funding is its users; if nobody contributes then it cannot continue.
We suggest the following financial contributions when posting advertisements (vacancies, CEs, JobBridges, tenders, paid-for-events, training courses) on Activelink
- larger groups / networks / charities / NGOs: Euro 146.34 (+ 23% VAT) = Euro 180 (8 or more staff)
- small organisations / local community groups at the discounted rate: Euro 73.17 (+ 23% VAT) = Euro 90 (less than 8 staff)
- other amounts are welcome, you decide :-)
- for an additional run in the bulletin please contact email@example.com
- we have absorbed the new VAT rates into our suggested contributions, which remain the same as in 2011
Please remember, the Community Exchange bulletin is distributed to over 12,000 people and the Activelink bulletin to over 16,000 people. This web site delivers over 1.3 million page views each month. Our readership is composed of those working in the charity, community and voluntary sector so your information is delivered directly to your target audience. We think the contribution guidelines reflect the reach and value of the Activelink service.
If you are planning to use Activelink to regularly advertise vacancies, training courses, etc, we could agree a fee based on the number of submissions for 3 / 6 / 12 months - contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Submitting a web banner advert:
You can place a banner or panel advert on this site:
Banner: 700w x 100h pixels (100 pixels is absolute maximum height)
Panel: 240w x 100h pixels (100 pixels is absolute maximum height)
Please keep your file sizes small - under 100kB for banners and under 40kB for panels if possible
There are a number of options for banner/panel advertising - please mail email@example.com directly to discuss and we can create a tailor-made campaign to suit your needs and budget.
Rates are negotiable depending on duration and sizing.
Please submit graphics with a destination URL (site or page you want advert to direct to)
PAYMENT TO ACTIVELINK
- Cheques should be made to HYPERLINK and posted to Hyperlink, 65a Hyde Square, South Circular Road, Dublin 8. Hyperlink will provide invoices/receipts.
- Please let us know to which address we should send / email the invoice.
- Note that invoices and statements are on headed Hyperlink paper.
- We have tax clearance, see https://www.revenue.ie/itp/view.jsp reg no: 6323373T cert no: 0632337328327I
- If the advert is being placed on behalf of another organisation/ individual, please state this from the outset.
- If using Purchase Order numbers, please have the PO Number ready at the time of placing the advert.
- If paying by EFT please quote the Invoice Number on the form
Please be aware that Activelink is a service run by Hyperlink Ltd.
*NOTE: Activelink works like a freesheet - it is completely free to our readers, but we seek a contribution for certain types of adverts, mainly: vacancies, CEs, JobBridges, tenders, paid-for-events and training courses. Charitable fundraisers, funding offers, requests for volunteers, news items and free training/events/public meetings/demonstrations are welcome and are always free (unless you really want to make a contribution, but we won't ask you for one). If you're unsure then ask us!