Age Action Ireland is the national independent organisation on ageing and older people.
It acts as a network of organisations and individuals including older people and carers of older people.
It is a development agency promoting better policies and services for older people in an ageing society.
Our main aim is to improve the quality of life of older people, especially those who are most disadvantaged and vulnerable, by enabling them to live full, independent and satisfying lives, for as long as they wish in their own homes.
Our key objectives are:
- To improve communication and co-operation among the organisations and individuals concerned with ageing and older people.
- To enhance the exchange of information and views about the needs of older people and the development of appropriate policies and services.
- To promote greater interest and involvement in research.
- To assist and undertake innovative projects and services for older people and their carers.
- To assist statutory and voluntary agencies in developing more effective policies and services.
Our main activities are:
- Information service.
- Reference library.
- Publications including the monthly Bulletin and yearly 50+ magazine.
- Databases and directories of services and organisations.
- Conferences, seminars and education and training programmes.
- National and international pilot projects to promote innovation and good practice.
- Liaison and co-operation with other organisations.
- Liaison and co-operation with other countries.
- Development aid and education.
- Research and evaluation.
- Fund-raising, including charity shops.
- Advocacy and campaigning on behalf of all older people.
Age Action Ireland Ltd
30/31 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2
Tel: 01 - 475 6989 / 478 5060
Fax: 01 - 475 6011
Age Action West
3 Lower Abbeygate Street, Galway
Tel: 091 539 887
Fax: 091 539 888