Friends of the Earth (Northern Ireland) campaigns on a range of issues which are now the responsibility of the new Northern Ireland Assembly.
Friends of the Earth is
- The largest international network of environmental groups in the world, represented in 68 countries.
- One of the leading environmental pressure groups in the UK.
- A unique network of campaigning local groups, working in more than 200 communities in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Largely funded by our supporters. Over 90 per cent of our income comes from individual donations, the rest from special fundraising events, grants and trading.
Friends of the Earth Trust is a charity which
- Commissions detailed research.
- Provides extensive information and educational materials.
Over the years we have won many battles with government and industry - achieving bans on ozone-destroying CFCs, reduced trade in rainforest timber, increased support for cleaner energy technologies, and much, much more.
Friends of the Earth (Northern Ireland)