Mission Statement: To assist community groups in County Monaghan tackle common problems, address common issues, and to provide a platform for community groups to share information and promote community development.
- To proactively encourage reconciliation and peace building within and between rural communities in the projects target area through the development of a rural networking infrastructure.
- To pro-actively support new groups to engage in community development and be pro-active in bringing these groups to the attention of the range of capacity building organizations and agencies active in the region (Leader, Partnership, Co Council CDP’s etc.)
- To support groups in sourcing and implementing models of good practice.
- To support groups experiencing difficulties in relation to European and other funding programmes (when mandated and trained by the funding body).
- To ensure that local communities are represented and have a voice at a strategic level and that in particular local communities are in a positioin to shape and influence policies affecting local people in local areas.
Co Monaghan Community Network
No 9 The Grange, Plantation Walk, Monaghan, Co Monaghan
Tel. 047 30912
Fax. 047 30913