Our services for older people promote for the care and welfare of older people living alone in Dublin and aim to improve the quality of life for older people, particularly those who are most disadvantaged and vulnerable through services, activities and advocacy.
These services include:
- Befriending Services: our befrienders reduce an older person’s loneliness and support independence through weekly visits in the older person’s home or nursing home.
- Plate Pals: our mealtime companions help combat malnutrition in nursing home residents by providing assistance, companionship and gentle reminders to eat.
- The League: our Dublin-wide pool league gives socially-isolated older men a chance to bring out their competitive side in an environment of friendship and support.
- Appointment Companions: these volunteers help an older person maintain their independence by accompanying older people on appointments.
- ‘It’s Time to Talk:’ and award winning DVD learning tool exploring the themes of fear, respect and understanding with the hope of improving relationships between younger and older people in the community
Crosscare’s Care Local has been providing these services on a voluntary basis for nearly 40 years in the Dublin City Council
Crosscare’s Care Local
Clonliffe Road, Dublin 3
Tel: (01) 836 0011