BMYI is a project dedicated to the intensive, holistic support of of young people and their families in the Blakestown and Mountview area (Blanchardstown, Dublin).
We aspire to empower and nurture our young people, their families, staff and volunteers on their journey towards realizing their full physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual potential.
We are inspired by the values of Equality, Justice, and Self-determination to work towards realizing a truly safe, friendly and socially inclusive community where personal fulfilment is the norm for all.
We envisage Blakestown and Mountview as a safe, friendly and socially inclusive community where
- everybody has the right to live in an atmosphere of co-operation and trust;
- every young person is nurtured in a positive supportive family environment and
- personal fulfilment is the norm for all.
- To provide a continuous service to young people at risk, aged 14-18, by enhancing their ability to cope with their family, school and social life.
- To continuously support families who are experiencing parental difficulties in order to help them meet the needs of their teenage children.
- To mobilise the resources of the area and to co-operate with existing services in order to meet the needs of its young people.
- To support and guide young people in the project into education, training and employment.
- To influence policy at local, regional and national levels.
The primary target group for the project is 14-18 year old young people "at risk" and their families from the Blakestown and Mountview Area. The youth of the area are particularly vulnerable to the problems associated with poverty and deprivation.
Blakestown Road, Clonsilla, Dublin 15
Tel: (01) 821 0055
Fax: (01) 821 0677