Role Title: Full-Time Volunteer – Flexi Service
Role Purpose: To ensure co-ordination of shifts between services and flexi staff members. Consistently to best practice standards and assist in providing adequate cover for services.
Reports to: Service Manager – Flexi team
Location: Capel St
Core Role Requirements
- Ensure the continuity of service provision in all services through processing shift requests from services.
- Assist/support the manager with administration duties
- Work closely with allocated rota person in services that use flexi to ascertain shift requirements and shift bookings.
- Engage with flexi staff, housing, treatment and emergency services management team
- Assist/support senior management with admin duties as required
- Assist in ongoing developments of the flexi panel in an administration role
- Ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of clients is prioritised at all times through provision of adequate cover
- Process incoming shift requests promptly
- Assist in the processing of wages for flexi staff
- Assist in the preparation of stats and reporting for the flexi team
- Assist service manager(s) to review rota to ensure adequate cover for Christmas rotas and staff on holidays, sick absence or training
Requirements of all Dublin Simon Volunteers
- Commitment to the purpose of Dublin Simon Community and to volunteer within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation and in the context of current legislation and regulations.
- To participate in regular supervision with your line manager.
- To actively participate in team and staff meetings and service reviews/ evaluations and to contribute to the development of policy and practice within your area of work and Dublin Simon as a whole.
- To report any area of concern to your line manager in a timely manner.
- To show reasonable flexibility in relation to hours of attendance to meet the needs of the service. Volunteering during unsocial hours may be required.
- Have a flexible approach to your placement in response to organisational change, development and review of best practice.
- Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role.
- To be vigilant of any Health, Safety and Welfare risks in the workplace and bring any concerns to the attention of your line manager or Health & Safety Representative.
- To participate in the efficient flow of information within the organisation by sharing and seeking information as appropriate.
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by the line manager from time to time.
- To undertake your volunteering in a manner that is friendly, flexible and informal.
Note: This Role Description will be reviewed and updated in line with the needs of the placement.
- Third level qualification in a social care, HR or business administration discipline - Desirable.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and ability to produce reports - Essential.
- Understanding of why people become homeless and the needs they have - Desirable .
- Good administration and organisational skills - Essential.
- Initiative and taking responsibility - Essential.
- Good communication - Essential.
- Resilience and positive outlook - Essential.
- Effective team working - Essential.
- Respect for the dignity of others - Essential.
- Experience of working with vulnerable and disadvantaged groups - Desirable.
Volunteers receive a weekly allowance to cover food and travel expenses, and accommodation is provided if available.
To apply, please ask for an application form via FTV@dubsimon.ie
Closing date: Friday, 30 June 2017