Le Chéile Mentoring and Youth Justice Support Services is recruiting particularly for male volunteer Mentors in Dublin, Laois, Kildare and Offaly.
Le Chéile Mentoring & Youth Justice Support Services works with young people who offend and their families to help them make positive changes in their lives.
Our services are delivered by trained volunteer Mentors, aged 20 and over, who act as positive role models in the lives of the young people and parents who use our services (Mentees). During this recruitment we are particularly looking for male Mentors to balance our team.
A Mentor's role is to build a trusting and supportive relationship with their Mentee which they do through a programme of community based activities and goal setting. Mentors encourage their Mentee to try new activities and work towards the goals they have set for themselves.
Mentors who volunteer with Le Chéile have an opportunity to:
- Encourage change in the life of a young person/parent
- Be a positive and inspiring role model
- Experience new opportunities and share their stories and skills
- Develop practical experience in the social care and youth justice field
- Develop their personal and professional skill set
- Make a difference in a young person’s/parent’s life
- Volunteering is flexible and can take place during the week, evenings or weekends.
Our recruitment process is thorough and includes an application form, interview, reference checks, Garda vetting and induction training.
No experience is necessary but a positive, flexible and reliable approach with good interpersonal skills will be an advantage. Full training, supervision and ongoing support are provided.
Closing Date: September 29th 2017