FARRONSHONEEN YOUTH CENTRE PROJECT
Farronshoneen Youth & Community Centre,
Upper Grange, Waterford
Tel: (086)7816269/ (051) 872528
The projects in the Farronshoneen Youth and Community Centre work with young people aged 10 to 21 years of age to provide a safe place within their own community. We are dedicated to providing young people the opportunity to participate in positive, meaningful and worthwhile recreational based activities and informal educational programmes. We aim to empower and enable young people through active consulation to develop their personal and social skills to allow them exercise greater control in their own lives.
Participation each week by the young people is voluntary, with groups meeting for 1.5 hours on a set day and time weekly. Programmes and activites include cooking, art and crafts, group games, sports, issue based work and more.
Requirements for Volunteering
- Volunteers must be aged 18 and over
- Be able to commit to 2.5 hours on the same day each week.
- No experience is necessary but an interest in working to better the lives of young people is essential.
- Volunteer Induction training is provided and all volunteers must complete Child Protection training, prior to commencing work with young people.
- All applicants must complete the Garda Vetting process through WSTCYS.
For further Information please contact
- Catriona Guerin/Jen Hannon on 086-7816269
- Louise Brennan/Rachel Walsh on 086-8589869