Irish Heart is Ireland’s only national charity for heart disease and stroke. Our Mission is to affect positive change in the lifestyles of Irish People, to achieve better outcomes for those affected by heart disease and stroke and to challenge when the Health of our Nation is at risk.
We can’t provide our vital services without the assistance of individuals who fundraise and support campaigns like our Happy Heart Appeal.
What is the Happy Heart Appeal?
The Happy Heart Appeal is Irish Heart’s annual flagship day that consists of fundraising collections and pin sales at various locations throughout Ireland.
This year’s Happy Heart Appeal takes place on Friday, 12th May at locations throughout the county. We are currently recruiting volunteer helpers to assist us.
We are asking that you give two hours or more on the day by supporting us to fundraise by selling 'happy heart' badges/pins’. We will place you at a convenient location in your area as approved by Irish Heart.
With over 10,000 fatalities throughout Ireland from Heart disease and stroke, this is Ireland’s greatest killers. By giving your time to our Happy Heart Appeal you will be taking on Ireland greatest killer and helping make life better for all of us.
Specific Duties include:
- Selling pins on behalf of Irish Heart at an agreed location that suits you for two or more hours on 12th May 2017.
- Greet and thank any member of the public who makes a donation to Irish Heart.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Good communication skills
Skills and benefits obtained through the role:
- The opportunity to assist and contribute in the prevention of heart related diseases.
- Being a representative of a nationally recognised and respected charity in your local community
Screening details for this role:
- Informal interview chat with your local coordinator
- Registration Form
- 12 of May- please bring ID along at your allocated time
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support and guidance from your local Happy Heart Coordinator
- Insurance cover
For further information and details on this volunteer role please contact Email: email@example.com
NORTH WEST REGION: Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Roscommon Sligo
Name: Sarah Mackey
Mobile: 086 3806941
NORTH EAST REGION: Cavan, Longford, Meath, Monaghan, Westmeath
Name: Mairead McMeel
Mobile: 087 6695283
SOUTH EAST REGION: Carlow, Kilkenny, Laois, Offaly, Waterford, Wexford, Wicklow
Name: Tracy Power
Mobile: 087 1483 560
SOUTH WEST REGION: Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary
Name: Anne Riordan
Mobile: 086 8520199
DUBLIN & KILDARE
Name: Eoin Treanor
Mobile: 087 1483 560