Irish Heart is Ireland’s only national charity for heart disease and stroke. Our Mission is to affect positive change in the lifestyles of Irish People, to achieve better outcomes for those affected by heart disease and stroke and to challenge when the Health of our Nation is at risk.
We can’t provide our vital services without the assistance of individuals who fundraise and support campaigns like our Happy Heart Appeal.
What is the Happy Heart Appeal?
The Happy Heart Appeal is Irish Heart’s annual flagship day that consists of fundraising collections and pin sales at various locations throughout Ireland.
This year’s Happy Heart Appeal takes place on Friday, 12th May at locations throughout the county. We are currently recruiting volunteer coordinators to assist us in setting up and coordinating these collections.
With over 10,000 fatalities throughout Ireland from Heart disease and stroke, this is Ireland’s greatest killers. By giving your time to our Happy Heart Appeal you will be taking on Ireland greatest killer and helping make life better for all of us.
Specific Duties include:
- Recruit and manage a team of volunteers to sell Happy Heart merchandise in your locality for the Happy Heart Appeal 12th May 2017.
- Distribute Happy Heart boxes around to your local shops and businesses
- Recruit and liaise with transition year teachers and students to help with the collections
- Order stock and materials for the Happy Heart Helpers and deliver in person prior to the event
Happy Hearts Timeline:
- Begin Happy Heart Helper recruitment
- Assist Irish Heart with any media launch queries
- Aim to have all Happy Heart Helper positions for your location(s) filled for the Happy Hearts Appeal and ensure your helpers are registered online.
- Contact all Happy Heart Helpers again to confirm their participations for the Happy Heart Appeal May 12th
- Coordinate all Happy Heart Helpers for your specific location and collect all monies from the helpers.
May 15th – 17th
- Lodge all funds to the Irish Heart Bank of Ireland account per location,
- Thank all your Happy Heart Helpers by text/email indicating the total that your location raised.
- Email your regional manager with details of funds raised in your location(s).
Key Skills and Competencies:
- A self motivated person
- Ability to coordinate and motivate volunteers and garner support for the event
- A broad contact base with community/social/sports groups to develop the volunteer network for all activities
- Excellent communication skills
- Good planning skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in Word and Excel is helpful
- Target driven and ambitious
- Full clean driving licence and access to car
Skills and benefits obtained through the role:
- The opportunity to assist and contribute in the prevention of heart related diseases
- Being a representative of a nationally recognised and respected charity in your local community
- Experience in event management for one of the largest non profit flag days in Ireland
- Experience in the coordination of 10+ volunteer “Happy Heart Helpers”
Screening details for this role:
- Informal Interviews
- Application Form
- Identification Check (photo ID etc…)
Volunteers will be provided with the following supports:
- Support and guidance from the Regional Fundraising Manager
- Initial induction and training
- Insurance cover
- Over 18
For further information and details on this volunteer role please contact Email: email@example.com
NORTH WEST REGION : Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Roscommon Sligo
Name: Sarah Mackey
Mobile: 086 3806941
NORTH EAST REGION: Cavan, Longford, Meath, Monaghan, Westmeath
Name: Mairead McMeel
Mobile: 087 6695283
SOUTH EAST REGION: Carlow, Kilkenny, Laois, Offaly, Waterford, Wexford, Wicklow
Name: Tracy Power
Mobile: 087 1483 560
SOUTH WEST REGION: Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary
Name: Anne Riordan
Mobile: 086 8520199
DUBLIN & KILDARE
Name: Eoin Treanor
Mobile: 087 1483 560