Background of VMM International
VMM International is a faith based international development NGO founded in 1969, which has supported building the capacity of development organisations overseas in terms of human resource and project support. VMM International has provided 2,500 personnel to partner organisations since our founding and currently supports over 30 partner organisations through our International Development Programmes in 9 countries.
Background of Project
The Child Safeguarding Support Officer will provide support to a dynamic VMM project which aims to create a safer environment for children and vulnerable adults with VMM’s partner organisations. The project is supporting field officers, teachers and community members to make children’s rights real through face to face mentoring, training, radio plays and other initiatives.
The intern will help strengthen sustainability of the safeguarding project by:
- project monitoring support
- reinforcing data management and organisational learning
- assisting with research and fundraising
The candidate will get hands on experience of working in an international development programme team. S/he will gain insight into operations of a human rights project that is building capacity of East African organisations and promoting the rights of children, youth and vulnerable groups in society.
Role Title: Child Safeguarding Support Officer
Duration of internship: 6 months
Reports to: VMM Child Safeguarding Mentor with support from VMM International Programme Manager
- Support monitoring of VMM safeguarding projects
- Share up to date information from the field with relevant VMM staff and promote learning with the organisation
- Assist in development of funding proposals for child rights initiatives and support implementation of VMM partners’ child protection policies
- Help identify new donors to support future child and vulnerable adult protection projects
- Assist with VMM membership of the Keeping Children Safe international coalition
- Knowledge of and interest in international development and human rights issues
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work as part of a team and to take own initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Adapts to new IT platforms easily.
- Third level degree in international development, social studies or a related field
- Previous experience writing funding proposals, project reports or donor communications
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications are 20th Jan 2017.
Registered Charity No: CHY9952 (Ire) 1078695 (UK)
* Personnel appointed to this post will be vetted in accordance with the VMM Child Safeguarding Policy