NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
The Irish Heart Foundation (IHF) is the national charity dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. Today in Ireland more people die from heart and stroke-related illnesses than from cancer, road deaths and suicide combined. Against this background we work to bring hope, relief and a better future to families all over Ireland. We give vital patient support through our Heart & Stroke helpline and we provide high quality public information for all.
We support pioneering medical research, campaign for improved patient care, and promote positive public health strategies. We work in hospitals, schools and workplaces to support, educate and train people to save lives. As a charity we are dependent on the generosity of the public to continue our vital good work. We ask the public to support our work by making a donation, giving of their time to volunteer or by learning the skills needed to save a life through our courses.
Job Title: Events Management Intern
Reporting to: National Campaigns Manager/Community Fundraising Manager
Location: IHF Head Office, 50 Ringsend Road, Dublin 4
Working hours: 32 hours per week
Salary: €100 per week to cover expenses
The events intern at the Irish Heart Foundation will work alongside members of the fundraising team in the development and initiation of existing or new fundraising campaigns to reach revenue targets.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in major IHF fundraising campaigns including the Happy Heart appeal. We are looking for candidates who can commit to a six month contract.
- Working as part of the fundraising team and supporting staff in preparation for campaigns and events including The Happy Heart Appeal 12th May 2017, Dublin gala events and many other projects as they arise.
- Conducting research and administration for team members in relation to new and existing events.
- Working with the fundraising team in planning sessions on the layout, format and content for events and campaigns.
- Assist with planning of event and logistics including but not limited to; venue booking, publicity, registration and speaker arrangements as needed.
- Hands-on event management support at events
- Completing event/campaign related administrative duties including responding to calls and emails regarding events.
- Support all office staff as requested by supervisor
- Other office, reception and/or administrative duties as required.
- The successful candidate is expected to be flexible in this role and carry out other duties that may be assigned to him/her from time to time.
This section is used to highlight the “must have” qualifications and characteristics that each applicant should have if they apply for the role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and/or interest in working in an office environment.
- Professional and welcoming manner in person and on the phone.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to relate well to others and work as part of a team.
- Commitment to the ethos of the Irish Heart Foundation.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn within the role.
The Irish Heart Foundation has a no smoking policy. Employees are not permitted to smoke whilst undertaking any duties on behalf of the Foundation.
Please forward a cover letter and CV to: Michelle Stamp, HR Manager.
Closing Date: 15/1/2017
The Irish Heart Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.