Foundation Programme in Sexual Health Promotion
Ardee Co Louth
REC Regional Education Centre
September 25th &26th, October 16th & 17th, November 13th & 14th, December 12th & 13th January 17th & 18th 2018
Course Aim; to enhance participants’ capacity to incorporate sexual health promotion into their work through the development of their comfort levels, confidence, knowledge and skills in relation to sexual health
This program will look at sexual health promotion holistically throughout the human life-stages.
- Sexual Health Promotion in the Irish Context
- Sexual Health A Life Course Approach
- Physical Sexual Health (e.g, Contraception, STIs. Sexual function/dysfunction))
- Self Esteem & Sexual Health
- Sexuality and Diversity
- Law, Power and Sexual Health
- Working Safely around Sexual Health
- Facilitating Workshops in Sexual Health
Target participants are those working in the health, education, youth and community sectors, whose work currently or potentially involves aspects of sexual health promotion. Some previous experience of facilitation and /or one to one skills is desirable as this is not general skills training.
The course is participatory and experiential in approach. It requires participants to have an openness to personal development as they explore knowledge, attitudes and values in relation to sexual health, through individual, paired and group work.
Benefit to the Participants and their Organisations
- Participants have the opportunity to improve their knowledge, skills and confidence in relation to sexual health work.
- Some of the materials and methodologies may be adapted for use with client groups.
- Support will be available to assist participants in the implementation of Sexual Health Promotion within their own organisation.
- A sexual health resource library is available to participants to support their work
- The course is accredited for the purpose of CPD by the IASW, the NMBI and the IACP
- Participants are required to attend all ten days, to submit a learning journal throughout the program and to co-facilitate a sample experiential exercise, as well as supporting an online evaluation process
Step 1: Application Form
Step 2: Telephone interview