IICP Education and Training are now taking enrolments for our Summer 2017 Certificate Programme in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapeutic Studies. This course is suitable for those seeking to pursue their awareness and development in the field of counselling and/or who work in the helping/caring professions. Applications are invited with an interest in augmenting their understanding and skills in the area of counselling and psychotherapy.
- To introduce learners to a practical cutting-edge approach to mental health care and counselling.
- To encourage psychological wellbeing within the programme and empower and encourage support networks.
- To provide a warm and challenging environment where students can learn and grow.
- To enable learners to begin to develop a clear and transparent understanding of counselling and psychotherapy that is congruent with the principles associated with bone fide helping professionals.
- To encourage learners to view this course in the context of lifelong learning and personal as well as professional development.
- To augment learners’ interest and to enhance awareness and development in the field of counselling and psychotherapy and/or who work in the helping/caring professions.
- To introduce learners to models of counselling theory as they are applied to individuals in their various relational settings.
- To develop competencies in learners and give them an introduction into ethics in the counselling profession.
- To develop learners’ counselling skills to enable them to improve communication and listening skills.
- To offer learners the opportunity to work on personal development thus promoting self-awareness and personal growth congruent with professional practice.
- To understand the necessity of demonstrating respect and acceptance of the different ways that individuals from diverse socio-economic class, gender and cultural-racial groups construct meaning.
The programme is highly interactive and taught through role-play, lectures, group work and audio/video presentations. The ethos of the course reflects the Quality School model of CT/RT/LM, which promotes a warm, safe environment that is free from fear, criticism and coercion. Participants will have the opportunity to produce and participate in individual written assignments, group projects and group work.
- Introduction into Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Introduction into Counselling Skills
- Introduction into Personal Development
- Special Purpose Award - Certificate in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- 20 credits at level 6 National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ).
This course runs over the following three full weekends:
Friday 16 June 2017 – 6:00pm-10:00pm
Saturday 17 June 2017 – 9:00am-5:00pm
Sunday 18 June 2017 – 9:00am-5:00pm
Friday 14 July 2017 – 6:00pm-10:00pm
Saturday 15 July 2017 – 9:00am-5:00pm
Sunday 16 July 2017 – 9:00am-5:00pm
Friday 18 August 2017 – 6:00pm-10:00pm
Saturday 19 August 2017 – 9:00am-5:00pm
Sunday 20 August 2017 – 9:00am-5:00pm
Fees: €1,250 (an additional QQI registration fee of €50 also applies)
For more details please visit our website: www.iicp.ie
Dean of Academic Affairs/Registrar:
086 0499154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairperson and Programme Director:
086 2609989 or email@example.com