*This course was designed to meet the IACP criteria for Supervision Training
COURSE AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
Supervision in some form is viewed as a key component of many professions in the provision of support to practitioners, enhancement of ongoing learning, and, to a greater or lesser degree, it offers some protection to the public. This course is intended for people from a variety of disciplines who are intending, beginning or already practising supervisors. It is designed to enable individuals to extend their understanding and knowledge of supervision, incorporating theoretical input with opportunities for group discussion and experiential exercises.
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
This course will be of interest to professionals who work in an integrative manner. It will be of particular interest to counsellors, psychotherapists, guidance counsellors, psychologists, healthcare professionals, probation officers, social services personnel, managers, and all who supervise the work of others in the helping professions.
- Definitions and purpose of supervision.
- Models of the supervisory process will be explored including those of Page and Wosket and Hawkins and Shohet.
- Learning Styles.
- Consideration of the training development and supervisory needs of supervisors.
- Opportunities to role-play in triads as supervisor, supervisee and observer, using participants’ own case work.
- Exploration of transference, counter-transference and the parallel process.
- Reflection on the similarities and differences of supervision in a one-to-one, group or organisational context.
- Consideration of Multicultural, Ethical and Professional issues.
SCHEDULE OF DATES:
Friday 09 June 2017
Saturday 10 June 2017
Friday 14 July 2017
Saturday 15 July 2017
Friday 11 August 2017
Saturday 12 August 2017
Friday 15 September 2017
Friday 13 October 2017
Friday 10 November 2017
Friday 08 December 2017
Friday 12 January 2018
Friday 16 February 2018
Friday 23 March 2018
Attendance at all training days is necessary to qualify for the award of the Diploma. Each training day runs from 9:00am-5:00pm.
IICP Education & Training Ltd., Killinarden Enterprise Park, Killinarden, Dublin 24
Places are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis following interview
For more details please visit our website: www.iicp.ie/cpdcourses/supervision
IICP Office: 01 4664205 / 087 9055330