NOTE: This item has expired and will soon be unavailable for viewing.
‘Workshop on how Clann Credo Community Loan Finance can help your community project maximize LEADER grants-Milltownpass Community Centre 22.2.17
Clann Credo, Ireland’s leading Community Loan Finance Provider, is hosting a free information seminar ‘Financing Community Growth-Loans, Grants and Fundraising’ on Wednesday 22 February from 7pm-9pm at Milltownpass Community Centre, Milltownpass, Co. Westmeath.
The seminar is aimed at community and voluntary groups, charities, social enterprises and amateur sports clubs who could benefit from Clann Credo’s Community Loan Finance, especially those wishing to avail of the LEADER grants and any group hoping to transform their community.
Many community leaders have big dreams of what their organisation could do, but finance is often an obstacle. Clann Credo helps communities access Community Loan Finance because they believe that finance should not be one of the obstacles voluntary groups face. With Community Loan Finance Clann Credo helps organisations make their vision a reality.
Clann Credo offers affordable interest rates with long term repayment schedules and does not ask for personal guarantees. Two decades of expertise is at hand from Clann Credo’s regional Social Finance Executives. Clann Credo is celebrating its 20th Anniversary this year and has loaned total of €82 million to almost 800 projects, transforming lives and communities and helping to create and sustain thousands of jobs.
Speakers at next Wednesday’s event include:
- Roisin Mulligan Social Finance Officer for Clann Credo in the Midlands Region, who will discuss Community Loan Finance and how it can assist communities applying for LEADER Grants that require Bridging loans and Matching Funding.
- Annette Barr-Jordan, Support Worker with Westmeath Public Participation Network (PPN) will present on the role of the PPN and the range of supports available.
- Theresa Geoghegan, Community Development Worker with Westmeath Community Development will present on the Rural Development Programme (LEADER 2014-2020) and other grant programmes for communities.
- Justin McDermott, Fundraising Manager at Jigsaw, Galway will share some tips and fundraising strategies.
- Members of Milltownpass Community Action Group will talk about their experience of applying for Community Loan Finance to bridge LEADER grants and match grant funds in the development of Milltownpass Community Centre.
Hugh Farrell and Annette Barr-Jordan from Westmeath PPN. Annette is one of the speakers at this event.
You can register for the event on https://financingwestmeathcommunities2017.eventbrite.ie or call Róisín Mulligan on 086 3098098.